LikePlace Zeitgeist 2009: Co.Donegal voted best county to live in. Co.Cork is the worst.
In 2009 LikePlace.ie collected over 1630 ratings about life in Ireland. We have now gathered the BEST & WORST of what we discovered into a Zeitgeist. http://www.likeplace.ie/zeitgeist/
The Zeitgeist highlights winners, losers & key trends from '09. It shows what you really think of Ireland as a place to live.
- The best place to live during 2009 was Galway City with a score of 4.4-out-of-5.
- Bray (Co.Wicklow) was the worst, with a score of just 2.6-out-of-5.
- The best county was Co.Donegal.
- The worst was Co.Cork.
The Zeitgeist reveals that in 2009 the Irish people were a pretty satisfied bunch.
We were MOST HAPPY with the quality of our 'Environment', but LEAST HAPPY with the 'Cost of Living' and the ‘Economy’ . So, no surprises there!
LikePlace also collected many unusual and just plain weird comments about life in Ireland.
- According to Willie, Ballyclare in Co.Antrim "Smells like a pigsty. Tastes like peach ice cream." !?
- Jobstown in Co.Dublin was described as "A social experiment gone wrong." by Billo.
- Reviewer Frank from Tallaght in Dublin 24 said “I’d prefer to live in Basra”.