Web governance - Ask 10 people to define it and you'll get 11 different answers
Web governance. Such a flexible and malleable term.
Just like the old joke, if you ask 10 different people to describe it, you will get 11 different answers.
- "It's how we set strategy"
- "It's how we make decisions"
- "It's how we manage operations"
- "It's how we do ... you know ... stuff"
Part of the issue is that for a long time governance was simply a convenient label for just about any operational or leadership problem on a site.
If you had interpersonal issues on your team, governance was all about roles and responsibilities.
If your challenge was establishing high level direction, for you governance concerned strategy and leadership.
Thus, governance has been defined not in any unified way, but as a woolly catch-all for the many disparate elements connected with running a digital service.
Read the full article "Web governance - Ask 10 people to define it and you'll get 11 different answers".
Web Manager's Masterclass: 8 lessons + 5 videos + editable templates
- Discover the structures, processes & roles a successful web team needs.
- Learn to build senior managment support for investing in digital capability.
- Includes bestselling Web Manager's Handbook, plus editable templates.
- Try a free lesson now or get all-in-one for just $29.99.