Web Governance at iQ Web BootCamp 2008 Shoestring budgets, ad-hoc administration and insufficient support. Sound familiar? Too many websites and intranets fail because the management systems on which they rely are totally inadequate. It is almost as if they were supposed to runs on fresh air! This is no longer good enough. If your website is going to succeed you need to create a robust and sustained approach to governance. I will be presenting on this topic at the iQ BootCamp in late April. What I’ll be covering
- What web governance really means.
- Why governance is so poor on many websites and intranets.
- How to recognise a site with poor governance.
- The activities of successful governance.
- Finding the right balance – enforcement versus persuasion.
- What’s happening outside your organisation and how it can affect your governance approach, e.g. the law, new technology.
- Have a practical model for managing a successful website.
- Be able to evaluate the suitability of your existing governance systems.
- Know what governance model works best for your website.
- Know the responsibilities and activities of governance and how to do them.
- Know the people, processes and structures you need to manage your site.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]